Sunday, June 6, 2010

Final Project: "Grow your own ideas."

Our world has changed dramatically over the years and people seem to no longer be individuals. We live in a society where everyone seems to follow instead of lead. For my final project I wanted to make something that shows people that individualism is extremely important today and one must be able to have their own ideas and input on what is going on around them.
I decided to make thirty eight potted plants consisting of a variety of different flowers and colors for my final project. On each of the pots there is a printed note that reads, "Grow your own ideas", to further convey that having your own beliefs is of the upmost importance.
Making this project was not extremely difficult, but rather very time consuming and not to mention expensive. I had to put soil and seeds in each of the pots, water them daily, and give them enough sunlight to help them grow and flourish.
Although my idea seems rather simple, I feel that the message being conveyed is rather strong and provides people with a different look on individualism. Hopefully it sways people to go to the beat of their own drum and stop following others in what they think is popular or right.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute! I like the literal interpretations of "growing."

    ReplyDelete