Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Intervention project


For my intervention project I took a quote from Jean Baudrillard's The Stucco Angel to create my message. I used the quote," there is no such thing as fashion in a society of cast and rank, since one is assigned a place irrevocably, and so class mobility is non- existent." This article talks about the feudal order during the time of the Renaissance. It talks about how there is no social hierarchy since rank is already taken place when a person is born. It talks about class- mobility as non- existent. It made me think on how everything is already ranked today in society. We are so influenced by our culture that it makes us rank everything. I wanted to create my project in the form of a flier. I made the document through microsoft word. I changed the page set up into landscape. For the image I took the picture vertically and set the camera as Digital macro. It gives off a green tint throughout the image without having to edit anything. After uploading the image, put the picture onto word, taking up only have the page. then go to the tab insert. After selecting it look for an icon Word Art. Select it and choose the eighth style. It should be light blue in Times New Roman font. After selecting it type out the first message "there is no such...." it should be in font size 36. After pushing okay, take away the shadow and make the fill white. So the wording itself completely disappears. Then you drag the text over to the stairs image. Place the wording on the first step. You are going to do these steps for the rest of the message. However, the font gets smaller as the stairs descend. The only part of the message that does get bigger would be the ", and so....". Make sure the spacing of the text is just right so it fits on the steps. Also make sure you rotate around the text so that it doesn't look too awkward on the stair steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment